THE CYCLE COMPANY PRESENTS
HAMPSHIRE HALLOWEEN BIKE TRAIL (Electric Bikes or Normal Bikes)
15th - 31st October 2021 10am - 5pm Free to join
If you are looking for fun, Halloween adventures to keep the kids entertained this half term, then come along to The Cycle Company and tackle our spooky, family friendly bike trail.
You can either hire electric bikes from The Cycle Company at the discounted rate of £25 for a half day + free bikes for the kids (up to 2 free), or just bring your own bikes. The trail is free to enter, but booking is essential if you would like to hire e-bikes or kids bikes.
Starting from our e-bike store in Shawford (right next to Shawford Train Station), you will be given a cycling route you can follow via an app on your phone. The route takes you along mainly quiet roads and cycle paths via Twyford, in to Winchester and back to Shawford through St Cross.
Along the way there are 5 posters in the windows of the following shops, cafes and restaurants with a letter on:
- The Cycle Company, Shawford
- The Little Kitchen Bean & Bar Café, Twyford
- The Handlebar Café, St Catherine’s Hill
- Shoal Fish & Chips, Winchester
- P&G Wells Bookshop, Winchester
When you start your route you'll be given the 5 posters to find. Collect the 5 letters from the posters to make a spooky word and finish your route back at The Cycle Company to claim your prize.
If you take a picture at each location and post it to social media, tagging in The Cycle Company and the venue, you will be entered in to a draw to win a free day of e-bike hire for 2 people + up to 2 children’s bikes.
Finally, each of the venues with posters are offering a discount if you stop and shop, eat or drink with them – full details when you collect your pack.
Booking is essential if you would like to hire electric bikes or children’s bikes from The Cycle Company: Tel: 01962 807007
ABOUT THE ROUTE:
The route is 8.5 miles in total, with plenty of options to stop for refreshments along the way.
The starting point is The Cycle Company Shop, 1, Station Terrace, Shawford, SO212BN. There is plenty of free street parking in Shawford.
The route then follows quiet country lanes, paths and cycleways BUT there are a couple of sections for parents with younger children to be aware of as follows:
1) Approx 1 km along the road out of Twyford, which is a 60 mph speed limit. The pavement is nice and wide on this stretch and recommended for families with younger children.
2) Approx 1 km along the road in to Compton, which is a 40 mph speed limit and is quite a busy road. The pavement is also nice and wide on this stretch and recommended for families with younger children.
3) The hill up to Shawford Down is right at the end of the route and isn't long but is quite steep.
Please call us on 01962 807007 if you would like more info on the route or options for shorter rides.
The Cycle Company offer electric bike sales and e-bike rentals. Come and browse our store for a wide range of electric bikes including hybrid e-bikes, electric mountain bikes, foldable e-bikes and step through e-bikes.